Wednesday, December 7, 2016

#19 Thanksgiving Break

Welcome back!

I wanted to wait for the new computer before writing again, so that I can try to use it for writing. Yes I know it's a pathetic excuse for 1 month of no posts, but now I am blogging so let's get over it.
We had a week of Thanksgiving break from, a week, because there were also some grades days and they just put them together with the holiday.
On Sunday the 21 we went to my hmom sister to take picture family, we were all dressed up nicely, all color and clothes matching. I have to admit that I was really impressed by the amount of picture that we took, I've never done family picture like this before and it was so cool, I felt like part of this family. In the evening I went with Robby (my hdad) and Chiara (a friend) to the cinema to see...Fantastic Beasts and were to find them! It was amazing, not just because I'm a hpotter fan and I could watch hpotter all day long, but because it was really really great. I wanted to buy some popcorn but then I saw price and calories and I change my mind :) I also though about buy a water bottle, well it was 4$...they can keep it. Here the cinema is more expensive compared to how much I usually pay in Italy; I payed 13$ for a 2D movie! In Torino Usually it's like 6/8 euros!
Finally during Thanksgiving week I slept in a bit, I will never be a morning person, never ever.
Thursday was the day, the day when people give randomly thanks to whatever they want, the day of the TURKEY. You can imagine my disappointment when we arrived at Nancy's sister in law to celebrate and there was no turkey. Well ok there was turkey but it wasn't the whole big golden turkey that you would think about when you hear the word Thanksgiving. it was just a piece of white turkey meat to slice. Anyway it was really good, like all the other typical food: smashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, beans casserole...and obviously pumpkin pie and other ten different kinds of pies. I did my best but I didn't taste them all.
By the way my hmom told me that she is gonna made a "real" turkey, so I'm good ahahah.

Friday right after thanksgiving was Black Friday, a big sale day, but i din,t buy anything and I didn't see people fighting for stuff at the grocery store. There we long long line at the cash desks though. Monday was Cyber Monday, day of sales on the net and I found an asus laptop at a very very good price, it arrived yesterday.

I tried out for a Volleyball Club and it went sooo well, they said they wanted me and they would have done whatever it takes to have me playing. I was a bit worried about the fee because they are waaaay too expensive; I didn't wanna ask my parents for a lot of money knowing how much they paid for me to be here right now, so I asked for some scholarships and guess what? I got one!
The clubs here are weird, they practice twice or trice a week and then they don't have championships like volleyball at school but they have a lots of tournament instead. Aaaand guess where a tournament is gonna be? In Las Vegas. When they told me I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot.

Let's keep playing <3





Reminds me of my cousin's dog Luna


No comments:

Post a Comment