Wednesday, December 14, 2016

#21 Let it snow

Let it snow let it snow let it snooooooow!
Yep, the snow is here. Last Thursday snowed a bit and they closed the school. CLOSED. I wake up in the morning and I looked out but there awns't any snow, so I started preparing for school and at 6:36am my local coordinator sent me a text saying that there was no school...so back to sleep!
Today again the forecasts told that there would have been snow from noon, and so it was. We went to school this morning but then we had a early release at 12:20. Unbelievable for me, in Italy even if it,s pouring cats and dogs and it's snowing school are open, we don't even know what does it mean early release ahahah. By the way now there are several inches of snow outside and the view is beautiful. I went out for a walk with the whole family to go to the grocery store and even if it was really cold I enjoyed a lot. Coming back the children built also a snowman :)

When they said me that I was going in Oregon I wasn't thinking about this weather at all, it's not like the cold in Turin, it's freezing cold that goes into your bones and you feel it more. That's also one of the reason why they close school, as soon as there's a bit of snow it freezes on the roads and they turn icy and slippery.

Saturday morning I went with all the other exchange at the Fundraising Pancake Breakfast, soo much fun, we actually really served the food, took orders, cleaned the tables aaaaand had breakfast too. We made a lot of money that will be used for helping foster and homeless children here and in Louisiana. In the afternoon we drove up to Portland for Christmas shopping! I found some presents for the children and for my hmom, I promise you that I entered every single children shop in the mall. In the Disney store I was singing "Do you want to build a snowman" watching the karaoke video on a screen and in the baby clothing shop I was like "Awwwww so pretty, aaawww look at this". Hahahah
In the evening I went with my hmom, Chiara and the children at the Christmas Parade here in Salem.

On Sunday evening I went at the Zoo Light in Portlad with Chiara's family, it was really nice. They put all kind of lights in the zoo.

I leave you some pictures :) Hope tomorrow school is closed!

P.S. if you can't see the videos that I uploaded it's because you are visiting my blog on a smartphone. On the computer you can see them all.

P.S. Little spoiler on next post: it's gonna be in Italian and it's gonna be a Christmas summary.


No comments:

Post a Comment