Thursday, December 8, 2016

#20 Let the Christmas time begin

The day after thanksgiving, at least for my family, Christmas time begin. Sunday after thanksgiving we went to a Christmas parade and Christmas tree lightening, wooow. I let you watch the video that my friend Chiara made.


This Sunday we went to chose the Christmas tree, a real one, sssso exciting. We went at a farm around 20 minutes far from home were they sell all kind of Christmas trees. Obviously during the research for the perfect one it starts raining, or better pouring, and so I went in the car with the kids while Nancy and Robby kept looking around. I was sad cause I wanted to choose the tree too (since it'a kinda of a once in a life thing) and I was stuck in the car instead. Fortunately the rain stopped and so we unbuckled once again and went outside. We found a really pretty middle size tree to bring home and decorate.
Now at home it's all Christmas songs and Christmas movies.



This Saturday the 3rd I went to Snoball Dance, a winter party, it was much bigger than the Homecoming because it involved all the High Schools in Salem. So much fun. obviously noone invited me, but I went with some friends and it was memorable. The only annoying (but funny) thing was the music... Americans are so far more advanced than europe in some fields...and then at the school party they dance the Macarena ...something is wrong...
Chiara did a great video and I am the best appearance ever. Please no judgements.




P.S. In addition to cut my hair myself last week I had the insane idea of going redyeing them. Disaster. I ended uo in the worst place for hairdressing ever (of course!) . I stayed in the saloon for 5 hours and at the end (10 pm) my hair were almost green. I was mad, I almost yelled at the incompetent lady yhat treated me, who by the way told me that she had the color blue and then I found out she made it with blue and yellow!!! I said that I was absolutely coming back and they'd better fix the color and so I did. Friday I went there again (obviously without paying any extra), they had ought the blue and so other three hours to apply it. Just to explain better the situation:
1. the lady was drying my air with plastic gloves and she asked me if I felt that the hair were dried. As far as I know she should be the one who knows better...
2. she told me to went home and rinse the hair out because the sink in the saloon was too small...
3. the second time I went there for fixing she asked me the tip, I was like: "You gotta be kidding me"
Conclusion number 1: DON'T go to Supercut Saloon if you are in the US.
Conclusion number 2: my hair are blue night and I wanted them light blue as before.

After this episode I was so mad and than I started thinking about my beloved hair dresser in Italy who always does my hair so well. And then I became sad for everything and all the four months I've been far from home just fell on me all at once. I know it had to happen sooner or later, before leaving they told you that it's gonna happen (they also give you a curve of adaptation), han it's normal, but you would never been truly ready for it. It was kinda of relieving in a certain way, because it's like you realize better what you are doing...I don't know how to explain it better.

P.P.S. I am doing a fundraising with all the other exchange, organize from CHI. We are selling tickets for a breakfast at Applebees on next Saturday morning and we exchange are actually going to take orders and serve the people. After that we are going Christmas shopping in Portland. Can't wait :)

Bye Bye from the land where they still dance the Macarena

New post cooming soon, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment