Sunday, November 5, 2017

#33 Packing back and Post Scriptum



Contents of this post: a guide to try to help future exchange students packing for going back home.


Actual contents: a desperate try to explain how you should plan your luggage, when in reality I'm freaking out figuring it out myself.


Plan: I'm flying with Lufthansa so my carry on has to be 8 kg (they never check so even 9 or 10 it's fine) and a big luggage of 23 kg. I decided to bring a second luggage because it's cheaper than shipping stuff to Italy.



Baggage_Fees


Packing is always easy to put off until a few days before (cough...the night before) leaving. When I left Italy ten months ago packing has been so much easier. The week before I wrote a list of everything I had to take and the day before leaving I put everything in my suitcase and I was pretty much done.

Well I'm finding out that packing all up again it's not as easy as I thought it would be.

I bought another suitcase, a duffel bag to be precise, on amazon at a really good price (link below and price may vary). It's 33 inches long, which is the max possible in order to not pay any extra fees; it looks really big, but I suspect it won't be enough. Obviously.


https://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Pocket-Rolling-Duffel


Fun Fact: I started the carry on luggage, I filled just one side of it, then I tried to lift it and felt that was already heavy. I decided to weight it just to check...it was 7.9 kg....out of 8...just one side of it 😶 Yeah I need to do some more organizing.


Know that you are going to need more vacuum bags that the ones you came with, and if you didn't use them I really don't know how you did it.


If your parents are coming to get you and then you're flying out together I really advice you to consider asking them to come with a almost empty bag or an extra bag for you to fill, so that you don't have to pay additional fees for the second luggage at the check-in.






Hope you have a safe flight back to where you came from 💞 and don't hesitate to contact me if you're curious about anything.






P.S. I'm posting this now...and IT'S SEPTEMBER guys...I'm sorry but my life has been so extremely busy since I got back in Italy.


School has started, volleyball season has started but I'm still figuring out how to put the new and old pieces together again.






P.P.S. I decided to carry on with my blog and keep posting about what happened when I was back and what's happening now and what am I going to do with "this experience in my pocket"!!






I miss my host family ssssso much ✈✈


















No comments:

Post a Comment