Friday, June 2, 2017

#32 Trips and Tales

Welcome back on my Blog ♡

A three days weekend trip in Southern Oregon.
The two coolest host parents in the world, six little children, three teenagers exchange students, a big white van, a lot of love and happiness and let's hit the roaaaaaaad at 8:30am......hours later......"So are we leaving or not? What time is it?"

First of all I have to say that we (my hfamily and Chiara with us too) were supposed to go to some friends house for the nights, but it turned out that they were sick and since we really wanted to go anyway, we decided to camp in their yard. Easy peasy. So Friday we packed everything we needed up, tends and sleeping bags included, and.... I was struggling putting together my bag for a three days trip...which is pretty funny if you think that I have to pack EVERYTHING in a week. EVERYTHING.
Anyway, Saturday morning at 9am we were all ready to go with blankets and pillows and a very much filled van. We went get coffee and then we took the highway to drive down there. Twenty minutes later I noticed that I had forgotten my toothbrush, my teeth-brace and staffs like that, so we came back home (bless my hmom) and then hit the road again, this time really determined to leave.
After hours of stops and lovely children gently screaming and arguing in the car we got to Medford, the Dutch Bros store where we wanted to go (the only one that exists in the whooole world) was obviously closed during the weekend and on Memorial Day too, so we sadly changed our plans and decided to go to a park so that the children could play around for a bit and we could rest. After that we stopped at Walmart, where I found some super cool pair of bluish slippers for 98cents (very happy with this price), and then we went to In & Out for dinner, sorry but I really don't get why everybody think it's so good, I mean it's worthy to go there at least once to say that you've been there, but other than that....in my opinion nothing special.
Finally at 9pm we got to the friends' farm, set up the tend, a big big pretty red tend, laid out our blankets and....me and Chiara stayed to until like midnight watching the stars. What a sight, out in the country with almost no lights bothering the splendid vision of the starlit night sky.
Basically I slept maybe three hours that night, we didn't really have time to set the "sleeping area" up in a decent way, it was so hard and we were so cold. We three girls were at one end of the tend and even if we were really close to each other we were still freezing.
That day we drove to the Redwood forest and it was really really worthy, those big sequoias were amazing and then we also stopped at the "Welcome in California" sign! Luckily I brought my instax camera along so I took a lot of pictures. In the evening, back at the farm, me and the girls helped Nancy to cook dinner for 20 people. I'll leave a picture of the big table down below.
The next day, after a way more comfortable night thanks to extra blankets, it was time to drive back home, but not without passing to Crater lake first 😍😍
I have to say that was one of the best landscape I have ever seen in my life, just breathtaking. And it was in the mountains, so even better. Yes I miss my mountains a loooot.











P.S. I was nominated among the female athletes of the year, I didn't even know what it was until everyone started to congratulate me. I'm so happy and it's been such an honor!


Bye guys, love you all 💙💙

No comments:

Post a Comment