Sunday, April 9, 2017

#28 Spokane and Spring Break

I apologize for the delay, I really want to post but I've kind of the idea that every time I do it...it means that another chapter of this adventure is closing, and believe me it's so overwhelming...

Spokane volleyball tournament was a success! We placed fourth out of forty!(we would have been third if they didn't count the sets)
My spring break started a day earlier, on Thursday 23rd, so that we had time to drive up to Spokane, in Washington before the tournament started on Friday. it's a 7 hours drive... but it took us 12 hours hahaha.
Driving there we stopped first at a big mall in Clackamas where we did a little bit of shopping, and then we did a stop at one of the little lake on the Washington border. It was pretty cool.
The hotel was a little room rental place, really nice. Our room had three big rooms and there was also a little kitchen. We played every day three games, so we were done always around 3pm.
On Saturday we went to the main park in Spokane downtown and saw the big red wagon, ne of the symbol of the city. reaaally cool too! After that we went out for dinner we all the team and parents at Buffalo Wild Wings. I think so far is one of my favorite restaurant eheh, the chicken is ssoo good. By the way another restaurant that I really like is Chipotle, a Mexican place.
Anyway, the last day of the tournament was awesome, we won or brackets and the championship match against a team from Texas. Fortunately we had the room for Saturday night too, so we didn't have to rush home after the tournament was over.
We went to dinner at a sushi place and everybody enjoyed it, even my hostdad that never really appreciated sushi!
It's been an amazing three day weekend <3, I couldn't have asked for any better.

The rest of Spring Break was more low key since we ended up not going to Southern Oregon as we've planned to. the family of friends hat we were supposed to go to was sick, so we'll go down there another time, when I'm gonna have a Friday or a Monday off from school.
Last Saturday I went shopping in Eugene with my mum and her sister, and on Sunday me and my family went to Tillamook, to the cheese factory and to the beach. It was a nice one day trip, and I got to put my feet in the ocean for the first time of 2017!











No comments:

Post a Comment